Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The First Meeting

  The first meeting of Eng-ins attracted four ALTs and two JETs.  I think this is a wonderful start.  I do hope the word will spread and that we can attract more people. 

 

Here is a basic outline of the meeting:

  • We used an activity called "Project I" to introduce ourselves. And, for our amusement we did it in Japanese.  
  • We discussed teaching methods and developmental models of achievement.  (The meeting took on a very philosophical tone but the discussions were entertaining and everyone followed one another very well.)
  • We decided on when the next meeting should be held.
  • We went out for drinks at a local Yakitori pub.

 

The date of the next meeting is set for November 8th at 6pm.  I hope to see more people at the next meeting, so I am hoping everyone will pass on the good word. 

 

At the next meeting, Okuzumi sensei and I will present Cosmos.  Also for next time I would like to create a podcast if we have time. 

 

For those who couldn't make it to the last meeting here is the map to the building.  We are meeting once again at 春日部市中央公民館  (Kasukabe city Chuouminkan.  The station on the map is 八木崎 (Yagisaki station).

Hope to see some new faces there. 




View Larger Map

No comments: